As I read others' posts about their husbands I sometimes wonder, "Are they really all that?" I mean, is it possible? Because as much as I adore my husband, I am not a gusher. Don't get me wrong, I mean, I'm sure your husband's are all that and a piece of pie, but, well, mine isn't. I'm too much of a realist to say he is with a straight face.
Except right now. Brace yourselves, folks, because you're about to get a dose of the "too good to be true".
I married an exceptional man. I remember coming home from work when we were first married to find him playing a computer game. Every day. For the first year. And I said to him, "You tricked me!" I had no idea he was such a gamer. Courting time was over, I guess.
I know that many days since then he has wished he could sit down at the computer to unwind. But he hasn't. His time for diversion has dwindled as our family has grown, and I've watched him mature such that he doesn't even seem to mind. We are his priority, and he finds immense joy in providing for us, caring for us, wiping our tears, and tolerating our drama. He is, after all, insanely outnumbered.
I mention his dedication largely because I know it does not come naturally to him to put aside his leisure, his miserly ways, and his sleep to meet the demands of five girls (including me). Which is what makes it so admirable. Raising a family has come at a great cost, and though he jokes about living for the day when we can finally "kick" them out of the house and have it all to ourselves, don't be fooled. These girls have won his heart. And he's won theirs. Thanks to the father of my children. You are amazing.
2 comments:
I agree Susie, and the praise you've given Tim is well-deserved. Unselfishness is key to a successful marriage and happy family life, and both you and Tim are doing a great job of developing and demonstrating that trait. You guys rock!
Very cute!
Post a Comment