Wednesday, September 2, 2009

First words on the first day of first grade.

I asked her how her day went. Did she love school? Which of her teachers did she like the most and why. Did she learn anything new? Do anything fun or noteworthy? Her two replies:
"Yeah, but it was kinda boring."
"Mom, this stuff is kindergarten work."

Just great.

I prodded more later in the day and got a couple of positive replies, thankfully. She loves music, seeing her friends, and the jellybeans I snuck in her lunchbox. Phew.

A day at a time, I guess.

2 comments:

Malauna said...

I'm finally caught up with you again. Apparently, I forgot to put your blog in my google reader, so WEEKS have gone by without my reading your blog. For shame! (BTW, thanks for telling me about google reader!)

Love Anna's words about first grade. Spoken like a true smarty-pants.

Topsy said...

Big Guy said the exact same thing.

I laughed.

But then I looked at his homework and he wasn't kidding!