There are three items in my life that I can't seem to hold onto. First, crockpots. I've owned several and they always manage to get lost. Two, Carpenter's Greatest Hits. My first album disappeared sometime while I was in Taiwan (or it's very possible that I sold it before my mission for a little extra cash and have no memory of the experience - gasp!) Tim replaced it by giving me another copy for my birthday right after we were engaged. I loaned it to a friend who wanted to burn a few songs. Yep, you guessed it. Never returned it. Tim gave it to me, yet again, for my birthday and it fell through the cracks within a year after having my third child. They say the third child kills you, but in my case, I survived and the Carpenter's did not.
Until two days ago. I peeked in the inside pocket of a CD wallet we own (yes, we still use those around here) and lo, and behold, I found my old friend hanging out and looking a bit lonely. What a glorious moment. Karen Carpenter, voice like chocolate, has made her way back into my life. Ahhhh.
Oh, and the third thing that slips through the cracks repeatedly? Too personal to mention.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I LOVE the Carpenters!! So glad that you found a copy...
Are you saying you are cracked?
Speaking of voices like chocolate... you have one yourself my friend!! Taylor said sitting next to you at choir practice was quite a treat! I'm jealous. :) So, you're gonna keep us guessing on that third thing, huh? hmmmmmm :) Oh, and I can't wait to bring out my Carpenter's Christmas CD!!
Post a Comment