In contrast, Anna's party was an all-girl screaming fest. I was on my best behavior to ensure that every girl got a turn during the treasure hunt and that they all got candy no matter who won during valentine bingo... and musical hearts... and pretty much every game we played. Consequently, we finished the party virtually tear-free.
In all the fun, I didn't manage to snap any good pictures.
Friday night we invited a few friends over for dim sum (barbecued pork steamed buns, potstickers, egg rolls, tempura-fried green beans and fried rice). All homemade, of course. Not to mention, incredibly healthy. We stayed up till midnight just talking and rather forgot about the game of Mah Jang I had planned on playing. Oh well. At least this time I got one picture of the table (minus the food).
We spent Saturday morning purging the playroom and working on unfinished projects (which remain unfinished) before heading out for a Valentine's Day Dinner - just the two of us.
Today we ate our traditional breakfast-for-dinner Sabbath day fare. The cinnamon rolls appeared a bit heart-shaped this time around, though. And the frosting a little pinker than usual.
Happy Valentine's Day! And hooray for the year of the Tiger!
4 comments:
Three parties? You're awesome! And those cinnamon rolls look divine! And I love the picture of you in the previous post! :)
Sounds wonderful!
I just checked out tickets to Boise for Spring BREAK! And almost got myself talked into a reunion trip. But alas, hotels and rental cars stink! Hope you had a great valentines.
Seriously, you really are a go-get-er! (sp?). Can I have some of your energy and creativity please?
I don't think I realized that you were such a party animal Susie. Sounds like some extra work but lots of fun and great memories, especially for your little ladies.
Post a Comment