I implemented it at home and three years later, it's one of the few methods still holding strong. I surprise the girls with tickets if they set the table without being asked, complete their chores on time and without constant reminders, help a sister with her work, etc. Another bonus to this method is that, when we are out and about and someone asks me to buy them something for no apparent reason, I might suggest that we put it in the "ticket closet" so that they can earn it for themselves. I avoid giving them a flat out "no" and spoiling them at the exact same time. They learn responsibility and ownership without my having to pull teeth.
So last week the jar was brimming and we had a ticket party. My prices were grossly inflated, but who are they to know, right? Anna scored a laptop, Lily a tea set, and Rachel a bunch of new food for their play kitchen, among other things. It was like Christmas in March!
Here they are, tickets counted, ready to roll!
1 comment:
What a great idea~
I love how they are earning their things, learning life lessons and you are getting help all because of a silly little ticket. I have always thought of you as a brilliant woman. :)
Post a Comment