What makes a really good day? Today was one for me and, as discussed over dinner, for the rest of my family. So here's why it was good for me. I woke up super early to play the Easter Bunny - the waking up early was the good part - freezing my tush off hiding eggs at dawn in the backyard - not so fun. The kids woke up at a reasonable time, got their chores done, obviously motivated by the plethora of candy eggs that awaited their eager hands. In fact, we had chores done, the egg hunt and the associated clean-up completed all by 8:45 this morning. We could have ended the day right there! But no, I actually got a few things checked off my to-do list, Tim finished a few of his own to-do's, the kids played happily (mostly) outside for the majority of the afternoon, and I made dinner complete with fruit and vegetables and the kids ate it all!
Apparently, it's not so much in the details but it appears that my recipe for a good day includes the following:
1. Rising early (but not too early).
2. Happy kids.
3. Work - completed.
4. Satisfied husband.
5. Oh, and happy kids.
As if that weren't enough, Tim and I get to go on a date tonight! Icing on the cake.
What makes a good day for you?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment