Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Covenants.

I had a lovely weekend a few weeks ago visiting family. We first attended Tim's brother's wedding in Salt Lake. Weddings are such wonderful occasions - for a number of reasons - but mostly because of the opportunity it gives us to reflect on the covenants we have made, how they bind us one to another and to the Lord. It is a beautiful thing - one that brings me immense joy in marriage - to know that faithfulness to covenants brings blessings. I have seen it. Thanks Joe and Joanne for allowing us to share in your day, despite the fact that I was the designated "mom" and was therefore chasing little ones around the whole time. But what else is new?

I got to drive down south with Anna and my siblings to witness another covenant, that of the baptism of my niece, Natalie. I think it's safe to say that most of us scarcely understand what keeping our covenants may entail (in the long run) when we enter into them. But that's the beauty of faith. The faith of an eight-year-old child, or a blissful couple embarking on a new life together... priceless. And it is enough to sustain us when we're no longer so innocent. Or so blissful. I thank the Lord daily for my covenants and the joy that is inherent in them.

And now, for one of the few pictures I captured the entire weekend:



Ain't she cute?

1 comment:

Joe and Joanne said...

Yes, she is cute. I love her delecate blonde "wisps".

It was great to finally meet you. We were so glad you could all come! I'm only sorry we didn't have much time to talk. I'm sure there will be more time at future family gatherings.