Three of my four kids are affectionate and demonstrative by nature. They initiate expressions of love effortlessly. The other child... does not. I can't remember the last time she returned an "I love you". I don't resent it much - it doesn't come as naturally to her as it does the others. And some people show love in other ways - she shows it through obedience and service. And that's great. I had to chuckle, though, when I found this note she wrote during Primary when the kids were asked to write a letter to their mothers.

Compare it to the card her sister gave me later that day:

Even later in the evening, she (the less-emotive one) crept onto my bed and presented me with the following - along with a code to decipher it:

It read: "Dear Mom. I love u. From Anna." She said it! I might need a Urim and Thummim to translate it, but she said it!
2 comments:
hilarious. truly hilarious
I hope you get kittens too. Ha ha. That is so funny - love that girl!
Post a Comment