Thursday, September 8, 2011

First day.


The big girls started over two weeks ago. We're still employing the use of the monstrocity of a bike trailer that has become our "normal" mode of to/from school transportation. Lily (born with a less-than-healthy aversion to exerting herself) still rides home in tears, wailing that "This is too hard! Why do we have to ride bikes home from school?!" I should let her trade bikes with me.

It was Rachel's turn to start this week. Our family is in it's sixth year of Joy School. And still counting. We love it.



I have a love/hate relationship with school. I could dedicate an entire blog post to it when I find the time. For now, I will list the most prominent love (and hate) here:

Love, love, love the fact that I get more one-on-one time with my little ones, who pretty much get swept under the rug during the summer. Here's what we did after the big girls took off for the day:



Hate, hate, hate those after school hours when the school kids dump all the stresses of the day at my feet and expect me to smile and take it gracefully (which I do, most of the time, but a girl can only take so much). In the meantime, the younger kids, with whom I've typically had a delightful day, decide that perhaps they should have taken that afternoon nap and turn into mean little witches themselves. We'll find our groove, but we're not there yet.

No comments: