Several weeks ago, Tim and I celebrated our tenth anniversary. 10 years, can you believe it? After botched plans for an overnight getaway, we decided to use a P.F. Chang's gift card that's been sitting in our coupon folder for close to five years now and then walked across the street to catch the last Harry Potter film. We had just barely watched the first part of book seven at home so it was fun to see them back-to-back. Pretty simple celebration.
For some reason, this anniversary really gave me pause. Not sure if I can put into words how truly grateful I am that I married this man. How baffled I am that I had the wisdom (or dumb luck) at such a young age to have chosen him for eternity. I know it's cliche, but we are SO different. Ask anyone. I remember thinking at the time that this guy was nothing like all the other guys I'd dated (and now, I realize that should have been a huge selling point). So, as a tribute to my guy on our tenth (or rather, about 3 weeks after the fact), I'd like to make a list of ten things I love about Tim. In no particular order:
1. We can talk for hours.
2. He's smart. Nevermind that the end result of us procreating is a whole brood of precocious (aka:exhausting) girls, I'll still take smart.
3. Tim's good to the core. He honors his covenants and strives to do what's right.
4. He is demonstrative and affectionate - one area in which I am particularly lacking.
5. He has a willing heart. I think some of my so-called goals for our family drive him up the wall with their loftiness, but he never puts them down and supports me in my insane quest for parental perfection.
6. He's cheap. Arguments over money? Virtually non-existent at our house. What an incredible blessing.
7. Not a day goes by where he fails to remind me how beautiful I am.
8. He's precise. When it comes to cleaning bathrooms - a superfluous trait, but let's just say I'm glad he's the one building the shelves in our garage.
9. He can hold his tongue. When I'm PMS-ing.
10. He loves musicals. But shh...don't tell anyone.
Happy Anniversary Tim. May the next ten bring us far fewer children but just as much joy.
P.S. I'm glad that after ten years, you figured out that you can never go wrong with red roses. I loved them.
7 comments:
Thanks to both of you for being a couple I have always looked up to. Happy Anniversary!
This is a sweet post. You guys are a great couple and we are blessed to know you guys. Happy Anniversary!
Happy Anniversary you guys! It's so awesome you have eachother. :)
Happy anniversary (3 weeks ago)! I actually remember going to your reception! Great post.
That's such a sweet post. It may have been simple, but it sounds like it was a fun night out.
Congratulations on your tenth!
Dang, your a pretty woman. Every time I see a picture I get blown away all over again. Is it creepy that after all these years I still have a crush on you? Oh well. I don't care. Tell that man to treat you right!
Nisa - slightly creepy comment, but thanks!
Post a Comment