Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Poop on the floor and life turning out to be as busy as it ever was.

September has turned out to be a bit less than the monstrous to-do check-off extravaganza I had hoped it would be. I owe it all to the following two (big, bad) words: Art Collaboration. I made the mistake of volunteering to be the Art parent in Anna's class. I figured, hey, I'm not pregnant, I'm not nursing, I no longer have a 15 hour plus per week church calling, I have no plans in the near future to get pregnant... this is the year to try out the art mom thing.

Wrong. Well, not exactly. I mean, all the above things are true. And, after spending the entire morning teaching art in Anna's class I realize it was a great choice and that I'm going to love it. However, I've also realized something about myself. When time magically frees itself up in my schedule, I find multiple wholesome pursuits with which to fill it right back up. So much for getting anything done.

As if that weren't enough, Eve picked this week to toy around with the idea of skipping naps. We're on day two. Day one she used her time oh, so wisely by removing all her clothing and pooping on her floor. Like a bloody dog. Did I just use the word bloody? I think I did.

In the past, when children have excreted in inappropriate places, I've attempted to teach natural consequences by enlisting their help in the clean-up process. They usually are disgusted by the adventure and fail to repeat the offense. We'll have to see about Eve - she loved cleaning up! Next week: potty-training 101.

No pictures this time. You can thank me later.

2 comments:

Malauna said...

When I was watching her yesterday, Eve was doing a fine job of explaining to me that "Poop is disgusting." I countered that with, "Poop is only disgusting on the floor. It is not disgusting in the toilet or in a diaper." Don't want her to get a complex about pooping, you know.

Joe and Joanne said...

Yikes. Potty training sounds like so much fun...

The art class though truly sounds like a lot of fun. What a great idea for the school district to enlist help from the parents!