Sunday, September 11, 2011

Unfinished business.

I am committing the month of September to completing tasks that were begun weeks, perhaps months ago and are sitting on some dresser or counter somewhere, begging to be finished. Does anyone else out there have dreams of having all ones ducks in a row? I do. Literally. One recurring dream I have is of trying to get somewhere but only being able to walk as if treading through mountains of jello. Or spending hours in the airport trying to find the proper gate. Or... preparing to take a final exam for a class which I somehow forgot was on my class schedule and hadn't attended all semester. Standard dream interpretation suggests that I have the overwhelming feeling of not being able to get ahead.

So, September, may your days be filled with checking items off the to-do list. May the children be strictly obedient, complete all their assigned chores on time, and refrain from fighting. Oh, and not get sick.

Would the magical laundry fairy visit my house twice a week, and could meals please deliver themselves to my table nightly? And while I'm wishing, would someone puh-lease invent a shower/towel-drying/lotion-applying/hair-styling combo machine so that I could cut my getting ready time down from 30 minutes to about five? Thanks a bunch.

3 comments:

Topsy said...

ooh, i used to have those wild organization dreams of finishing projects. Now I dream of being healthy enough to be messy, lost in a hobby, pretty much anything to stress about besides getting three meals that day. Good luck to your september.

Stace said...

I always have the final exam dream you described! It is the worst feeling and when I wake up I have to remind myself over and over that I graduated college 8 years ago and I never have to go back! Weird.

Joe and Joanne said...

Good luck Susie!

And yes, I have those dreams too. Too frequently, I might add. My favorite is when I was 2 days in to my first semester at the UW and I dreamed that someone had rearranged all the buildings on campus so I was running like a crazy woman so that I wouldn't be late to class...