I made goal books for the girls this year, a project long in the making. I have a chart for each year of the kids lives entitled "When I am (insert age), I will learn to..." and then it lists ten or so practical skills such as changing a toilet paper roll, scrambling eggs, sewing on a button, making a budget, etc. One page for each year from age 5 to 17. It's not meant to be an all-inclusive list, simply an effort to teach my kids some level of self-sufficiency. They will have opportunities to learn and pass off skills during the summer and on Saturdays throughout the year.
They also get a page for every year where they get to set personal goals. And, so that the goals don't just idle their time away in the pretty little binder they call home, I made these little bulletin boards for each of the girls where they can post index cards listing said goals. I simply bought a four pack of cork board, attached cardboard to the back and wrapped the whole deal in fabric. Ta-da! Here's Lily's:
Surprise, surprise. Her goals all center around her health and inclination to avoid chores. At least she's honest with herself.
1 comment:
No one would ever accuse you of sitting around on your thumb, Susie! Your ideas, good mothering motivation and determination will always keep you very busy. I wish I had had you to mentor me as a mom years ago!
Post a Comment