Eve celebrated a birthday last Friday. She had requested a rainbow cake several weeks earlier(it's kind of been a theme among my girls for the past three years or so - so unoriginal) . Then a week before I suggested the possibility of a Thomas cake to satisfy her current obsession with the tank engine. Eve wanted to have her cake and eat it too (pun intended) and said, "I want a rainbow Thomas cake!" Make a layered cake with rainbow colored frosting, slap Thomas on top and you've got it. As a side note, when making a cake with more layers than usual, opt out of buttercream frosting. I made whipped cream frosting and it made for a delightful cake/frosting ratio and flavor.
Eve was pleased as punch with every single present. Considering that we are still on the heels of Christmas, I'd say that's quite an accomplishment. But, it wouldn't be a celebration without a pre-Birthday song meltdown.
Toddlers, they recover fast.
Three things that I want to remember about Eve at this age.
1. She has a pronounced lisp. It won't be so cute if she holds on to it for a few years, but, as my only child who has had one, and as the baby of the family, I kind of like it.
2. She is very sensitive to being scolded. She has a hard time when she feels she's displeased someone. She screws her face up really tight, kind of crosses her eyes and tries not to cry when she's been reprimanded. It's cute, in a pathetic sort of way.
3. She is the apple of everyone's eye. The older girls argue over who gets to play with Eve and Tim and I find ourselves ushering her into our bed when she's snuck out of her room after hours. She is just too irresistible.
Happy Birthday Eve!
2 comments:
Happy (belated) b-day to Eve! Nice job on the cake combo & cute pics!
She is so deliciously cute and sweet. No wonder everyone wants her for their own!
Post a Comment