Last Friday, Eve and Rachel were playing with a couple of ride-on cars in the driveway while I unloaded groceries. Within minutes I heard piercing screams (not unusual) and then saw Eve and Rachel run into the kitchen. Blood was everywhere (more unusual). Eve's fingertip was hanging by a thread (very unusual). And then it was off to the ER. Rachel was a little champ, comforting her little sister in the back seat with the cookies I'd managed to snag on the way out. So was Eve. Particularly when the doctor shot her a hundred thousand times(give or take) with a local anesthetic to numb up the finger he was preparing to stitch up. No kid who's barely three should have to go through that. She was amazing. Me? I had to fight back the tears.
I'm not sure how I've lucked out thus far in my almost nine years of parenting. This was my first time (out of five trips to the ER) going solo. Needless to say, I'd rather have had Tim there. Would it be wishful thinking to never have to go again? With my girls, I think so.
2 comments:
Oh no! Tons of blood and hanging-off body parts...we've been there and it is awful! Especially the numbing! I hope you and Eve both recover soon. Sorry!
How is she doing after a week of recovery? Have you been able to keep the dressing on for more than an hour at a time?!
Post a Comment