There's an obvious economic benefit to doing so, but I truly enjoy it. A few friends also do the same (teach their kids music lessons, that is) so, wanting to give my children an opportunity to perform what they've rehearsed, I organized a recital with these families. It was fun! All the kids did great - and Lily even came home asking when we were going to do it again. Of course, she spent most of the time flirting with one of the other performers...
Anna refused to smile for the camera - no surprises there. And she forgot to take her coat off for her performance. No matter - she played flawlessly.
Fortunately, we can get a smile of some people in the family.
But mostly, I'm smiling because it was such a positive experience for all of us. I'm so grateful I'm in good company when it comes to teaching my own kids piano.
2 comments:
You are such a WONDERFUL mom! I admire your ability to focus on things that help them to be so well rounded and learn so many valuable life skills. They are lucky girls!!!
Susie you are so beautiful. I just got all caught up on your blog and your life. You are my hero and I love you and wish I were more like you. Tims beard looks awesome and I would love to see him again as well. You guys are just so cool.
Post a Comment