Sunday, September 23, 2012

Yes, I really am that good.

This was Tim's birthday delicacy this year.  Two layers of chocolate cheesecake sandwiched together by a layer of peanut butter goodness topped by chocolate mousse/ganache and peanuts (with a cookie crust).  It took two days to assemble.  After 11 years of whipping up non-traditional desserts for Tim's birthday, I must say, I'm getting rather good at it.  Even though the creations tempt and disgust me simultaneously.

I was not about to let all this yumminess go to waste on my waist.  So we invited a few friends over for cake and games.  And a late-night discussion of politics...



24 hours later, we still had almost half the cake left so we invited our neighbors over to share the spoils.  Leftover birthday cake has become a bit of a tradition between our families.
And phew!  It was gone.  But the birthday wasn't over.  His presents came late, so, all told, Tim had about 5 days of birthday.  Happy 34th, my dear!

7 comments:

Jilly Bean said...

I used to check blogs very regularly, but it has become an afterthought for many reasons. I just caught up on your last few posts and it quite literally warms my soul. From politics to parenting, I love being able to see things from your perspective, Susie. It makes me so happy. I love you!

Susie said...

Thanks Jill! Love you too!

Stace said...

I'd like to place an order for my b-day in January....

Very fun pictures! Good times.

Ralina said...

That cake seriously looks yummy! I would love the recipe. I wish we were there to help celebrate. Happy Birthday to Tim and nice job on the cake!

Tracy said...

How fun! I haven't seen your blog for a while... think I will be up for a long time tonight!!

Joe and Joanne said...

And Joe and I would like to place our orders for March. :) If you aren't already booked up for the year. That cake looks divine!

Valerie said...

Wow Susie! Veeerrry impressieve!