At last, I have found something redeeming about pregnancy and nursing. Besides the fact that my skin glows, my hair thickens, and I think that everything my husband says is hilarious, that is. I quit nursing Rachel over a month ago and my life has been blessed with 4-5 migraines since then. I had one on Saturday night that stretched into Sunday morning, peaked at about 10:30 a.m. and finally subsided at about 2:30 in the afternoon. It was one of those make-it-stop-or-shoot-me-now headaches. In fact, I'm still contemplating whether or not I would rather be in labor than have a migraine of this magnitude again. At least labor pains come and go. This... this, was unrelenting pain, an agony akin to having someone drill a hole into the side of your head. Oh, and have I told you that migraines really hurt?
Anyway, I'm thinking that estrogen is my new best friend. I read an article confirming the correlation between pregnancy/nursing and a decrease in migraine frequency and I was almost inspired to become a wet nurse.
Come to think of it, maybe I'll just ask my doctor about Imitrex.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Interesting. I used to have migraines regularly and I was always worried what I'd do when I had children and I had to spend hours vomitting in the bathroom until I finally succumbed to the headache and fell asleep on the cool tile floor. But they went away after I began having kids.
I tried Imitrex and hopefully it has gotten better or works better for you. You had to take it immediately or it barely made a dent. I still saw the vision stuff, just shorter, the headache stayed all day rather than being an intense four hours and I didn't throw up when I took it but I wanted to sooooo bad. Not sure which was worse. Eventually I opted for life without imitrex. I don't think anything is stronger than a migraine.
Sus, I am sorry that you have to deal with those! Wet nurse sounds like a promising career path.
Post a Comment