Friday, December 14, 2007

Quarantined.

That's right. Winter season is in full force and we are stuck inside our home because my kids neither wash their hands consistently, nor cover their mouths when they cough, nor go to bed when they are told to. You know, all the techniques that would typically prevent illness. Lily's pretty cute about it, though. She's come to grips with the fact that when anyone is sick, we say no to friends. Her way to handle the situation: boldly proclaim her health every few minutes. "Mom, I'm not sick anymore. I slept really good last night. Look mom, I'm not coughing. No more boogers." All the while the snot is streaming from her nose.
Those of you who live near can rest assured that I will not invite your child over in the midst of the petri dish that is currently our home. However, I will not spare the random strangers who frequent the same stores as me. I'm a busy mom! I have errands to run! So you might want to steer clear of ShopKo, Costco, and Walmart this week. My kids left their germs everywhere.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is days like these that I am glad that my kids and I are 350 miles away from your household. Miss you though!

Topsy said...

That is awesome! I was just at the store the other day and now Sydney's nose is running??? . . . could it be????
Or maybe it was just when she was licking her finger and running it along all the shopping carts. I told her that was gross germs but Nathan got to watch movies all day long when he had the stomach flu so I think she was hoping the same is true for colds. Sorry babe!

Polliwog said...

Amazingly, my kids have yet to be sick since we moved to California. Maybe it's because we live in the boonies. But we frequent plenty of stores and Ellie is in preschool, so you'd think ... Must be all that boogy eating! Apparently it makes for a healthy immune system? :)