Some of you may remember the monstrocity that we had planned to ride to school daily this year. It consisted of my bike pulling a tag-a-long bike, pulling a two-seat trailer. I found it to be an embarrassing necessity for a mom with three children who could not (at the time) ride bikes without training wheels. Fortunately, my labor of love lasted only one week as Anna conquered two wheels shortly after school started. Hooray!
Still, riding 40 minutes total each day to and from school while pregnant and pulling two kids in a trailer was no small task. But, I reasoned that I was getting adequate exercise, saving gas, and hopefully teaching my children the value of staying active. My goal: just make it to November. Of course it got tougher as my belly got larger and the weather got colder (though not much, thankfully!). But I'm happy to say we did it!
I wish I could report that my weight gain has been influenced by daily exercise. But I can't. I didn't work out a day during my pregnancies with Anna or Rachel and the difference has been pretty much negligible. Alas. However, I kept at the treadmill until I was 7 1/2 months pregnant with Lily and her delivery was my easiest and best by far. That's what the research shows. So, if I can't be skinny, at least I can pop this baby out like I was born to give birth. Pretty please?
I've still got a little over two months to go. Any suggestions for a cold-weather workout?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You could build an igloo or snow cave.
You are my hero!!!!! Unfortunately, the best indoor workout I have found is good ol' cleaning the house. I know - ick. I'll say it again though - you are my hero!!!
Post a Comment