Landmark moment. We have a two-year old in the house without having another newborn to boot. I'll try to deemphasize the fact that we will, in fact, have a newborn in less than two months...
Rachel turned two on Monday! Aside from the fact that she wakes up before 6:30 every day, she is a complete doll and we love having her as a part of our family. We celebrated with a Dora the Explorer Cake and ice cream with a few families who have boys born around the same time as Rachel. I think she enjoyed the company, and the presents.
A few cute things about Rachel at age two. She still says, "Hold you me!" She's speaking in semi-complete sentences, though they're usually something like, "Anna bonk my head." or "Lily hurt me." Poor abused child. She loves to jump from relatively high surfaces and yell, "Watch me, Mommy!" She insists on buckling her own seatbelt (something we only recently convinced her older sister to do), putting her own shoes and pants on, and taking her dishes over after meals. Yikes. Rachel is affectionate and brutal at the same time - she is quick to say she's sorry when she hurts someone but also doesn't seem to mind doing the hurting in the first place. She sings in tune and can even handle a key change without flinching. You should hear her rendition of "I am a Child of God." I love you Rachel. Happy Birthday!
4 comments:
She is soooo lovable and sweet. Happy Birthday Rachel! We can't wait to see you for Thanksgiving!
Hey. . . you don't happen to have our old baby walker do you? Trade it for your coat that I'm holding hostage cause I keep forgetting to send it to you! Sorry.
Darling! Smidget still says "Hold you me" and she's almost 3. It's one of my favorite phrases. It morphed from "Hold you!" Happy birthday, Rachel!
Good job on the cake!
Post a Comment