Friday, October 31, 2008

Bah humbug!


I admit, I'm a one-holiday kind of girl. For me, it's Christmas, Christmas, and more Christmas. Sure, since having kids I humor them on each holiday by planning the corresponding activities, but they're usually last-minute, inexpensive, and half-hearted, at best. Homemade valentines in February, green pancakes on St. Patty's Day, dyeing eggs for Easter - bare bones sort of stuff.
I'm getting better, though. I bought my candy the day before Halloween this year, to avoid the pre-Halloween binge that inevitably fuels my distaste for the holiday, my neighbor solved my costume woes by offering to sew the "My Little Pony" costume that Lily insisted on wearing, and we dug up some cool carving stencils and tools with which to make our most exciting jack-o-lanterns ever (thanks Aunt Jill!).
It's been a good day. All three girls gave me 45 minutes to myself to hand out candy while they scoured the neighborhood. The younger two have since returned and are consuming the goods at their discretion (or lack, thereof). Anna's still going strong with dad to triple what her sisters took in. Maybe we'll watch a movie and call it a night. While I might not ever love Halloween - I sure do love my kids and their enjoyment of it. And I might sneak a few pieces of candy, here and there.



3 comments:

Malauna said...

She makes an adorable "Pinkie Pie"! Happy to help you out.

Cherish said...

Your girls look adorable. And, I am impressed you have this posted on Halloween day. Glad it was a good day for you guys. Cute pumpkins too!

sew happy Stacy said...

i want to see a pix of those balloons. i need proof that it is a real "pinkie pie"!!