At the risk of sounding like I'm bragging, I wish to express gratitude for a few things that have been on my mind lately, it being post-Thanksgiving and all. Lately, when people have asked me how I'm feeling (perhaps the most commonly-asked question of pregnant women) I have no reason to respond other than by saying "I feel good." Great, even. Sure, it's all relative. I waddle a bit when I walk. I have to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night. Fatigue is a familiar companion. I'm emotional and lose my temper with my family more often than I'd like. I've experienced a bit of heartburn.
But I only waddle a little. And I only have to go to the bathroom once a night. I'm not any more tired than I will be when this baby comes. My emotions are elevated but not out of control. Usually. And, as I said, I've only had a bit of heartburn. Granted, this pregnancy has been, in many ways, easier than others I've experienced. But even the worst of my pregnancies was a gift - one that I thank the Lord for daily. I have enjoyed healthy pregnancies, uncomplicated labors, and beautiful babies. Any discomfort pales in comparison to the enormous blessing it is to be able to bear and raise children. I do not take it for granted.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Congratulations! Wish I could be there to welcome this new baby Suze!
Post a Comment