For the last seven years, since getting married, I've had a sewing machine at the top of my wish list. For birthdays and other gift-giving occasions, I shoot off a copy of the list to those who are interested so that they don't have to play any guessing games about the "perfect gift". Problem is, everyone to whom I've sent the list knows that I don't sew. Not at all. Never really had any talent (or interest, for that matter) in that area. So I'm sure that it comes as no surprise that while other items have gradually been crossed off the list and replaced by other wants, the sewing machine remains untouched. I can almost envision my siblings, parents, and in-laws chuckling to themselves before overlooking my number one want in favor of something else that they know I will actually appreciate.
Laugh all you want, guys. There's a reason the sewing machine is at the top of the list. I really, really want one. And fortunately, someone actually got the message this year. Although Tim and I had decided that we would limit this year's Christmas presents to needs rather than wants (really, though, how does one distinguish between the two nowadays?), he decided to "surprise" me with my heart's desire.
Sadly, the surprise was spoiled a few days after he ordered it, when it showed up in an undisguised box on our doorstep. What were you thinking, Costco.com? Last I checked, December 10th is well within the holiday season. Perhaps Tim should have consulted Santa on my behalf, instead. Surprise spoiled or not, I'm one happy camper. Now, if only I had some thread...
3 comments:
I have more thread than JoAnns, not really, but come grab a few if you want. I also have lots of girls patterns :)
Susie, I'm one of Tim's cousins and I just got the classic Egbert Examiner yesterday and discovered that you guys have a blog. :) Having just recently entered the blog world myself, I was quite excited. :) You have a cute little family and congrats on the soon to be new baby! Merry Christmas!
One more thing, our blog is jennyleake.blogspot.com. :)
Post a Comment