Wednesday, December 31, 2008

What's goin' on.

We've been busy. My parents and brother Will spent Christmas here - played games, watched movies, went sledding, ate way too much food - you know, what vacation is all about. It was sweet to have extra family around - and remarkably unstressful. Perhaps it was the fact that the three extra adults who actually ate what I had prepared for dinner (and enjoyed it) tipped the numbers so that dinner was actually a positive experience instead of a seemingly wasted effort. Or it might have been that my mom assumed floor-sweeping duty the entire time they were here. Whatever the reason, I really enjoyed having them around.
Post-Christmas activities: I waited until Monday to take down Christmas (Tim thinks it's a record - I can be somewhat neurotic when it comes to "getting back to normal"). Doctor's visit - I'm dilated to a two at 37 weeks ... we'll see how long I last. After a week of snow, we've watched it all melt away - except, that is for the enormous pile of snow we shoveled and then converted to a snow tunnel. The kids are still partying on. Took advantage of the after-Christmas sales to stock up on next year's clothes. Scored big time at Gymboree. Finally packed the hospital bag. Been making double portions of dinner every night for a week and storing half as a freezer meal for the postpartum madness that will inevitably ensue. Trying to convince Anna that "quiet time" (aka. mommy's rest time) is as fun as school. Not working so well - though she does enjoy curling up with a few good books and reveling in long back scratches.
Enough talking, here's a few pictures.














2 comments:

Valerie said...

Your pictures are worth thousands of words, Susie. It was a wonderful Christmas for all of us. Thanks for having us and sharing all that goes with Christmas, three sweet little girls and they awesome parents. See you in a few days for the newest addition and edition.

Annie said...

I am so sick that we missed this...Blasted snow!!!