Anna had finally earned enough money to buy the bike that I had secretly purchased at a yard sale a month earlier. At about 7 p.m. on July 3rd, I remembered the pancake breakfast/flag raising/bike parade scheduled at the church the next morning. What's a bike parade without a bike? I asked Anna if she would like to go look at a bike that she might be able to afford. She nodded and headed out to the car. I said, we don't need the car, we're going next door. My awesome neighbor opened her own garage door and gave Anna the greatest sales pitch I could ever have asked for and even offered to let Anna take the bicycle for a test drive. Anna declined, and instead whispered into my ear that she would like to buy the bike. Right there on the spot. She rode it in style in the Fourth of July bike parade.
And a couple more pictures taken down the street celebrating Independence Day.
1 comment:
How does ahe feel knowing that she earned the money and paid for her own bike. Looks like a good opportunity for learning.
Post a Comment