Man, I love summer. So much to do, so little time. When we sit down to dinner as a family, Tim always teases me about how "hard" my job is. While he is staring at a computer screen, I get to go to the zoo, the park, the pool, and play around with the kids all day. Nevermind the downside of my job (and there is one, some days more than others), he's right! I love being a mom! Especially during the summer when days are filled with endless fun and exploration. And a nap here and there. A few family firsts for the summer (no alliteration intended):
1. There's a park in a historic neighborhood in Boise called Camel's Back Park. We usually just hit the playground, though there's plenty else to do there, including hiking up a ridiculously steep (but short) hill to catch a view of the city. Anna has been begging to hike it the last few times we've been there, but, being the only adult, I just didn't trust my ability to get four kids up (and down) the crazy thing. Well, we dragged Dad along last time and did it. But I forgot to bring the camera. Maybe next time.
2. The pool is a mainstay in our summer routine, but this year I had plans to go only when Tim was available to come with, for obvious reasons (3 non-swimming children, perhaps?). Well, I've successfully taken them 3 times by myself and they've done great! Lily is even swimming by herself, of sorts.
3. We went to Settler's Park on the recommendation of a friend (thanks Amy!). One of my favorite Boise attributes is the plethora of good parks. They boast plenty of running space, ample shade, excellent play structures and even free lunch during the summer at a handful of them. Settler's Park, in Meridian (10 miles to the west) takes the cake - the kids loved the water play area! Fair-skinned Tim sat comfortably with Eve in the shade while I tended to the girls needs. I suppose it's lucky for the kids that I am the stay-at-home parent because he can't tolerate the same level of sun-exposure as I and would probably steer clear of so many of the fun things the kids and I get to do.
4. Eve is so close to sitting up! She's started to get a little pushy about what she wants, but what else would I expect from one of my daughters? Still, I am truly enjoying this adorable little girl as if she were our last (because she may, in fact, be our last).
5. Finally - every single one of my kids is currently taking a nap! We have had quiet time for years now, an hour or two where the kids get to read and rest. Really, it's an attempt to get them to sleep, though my oldest has been fighting that since she was two. Today, she actually gave in. After a quick power nap myself, I hopped downstairs to catch up on my journal. Hurray.
1 comment:
Looks like you're having fun - the girls look so happy. I love the shots taken when they have no idea the camera is on them. You've captured some priceless expressions.
Post a Comment