Sunday, April 4, 2010

Birthday girl.


I'm over a week late, but with spring break/General Conference/Easter behind us and a killer week ahead, I decided to seize the moment before one week late stretched into three. So... my baby turned seven! We've officially moved into big kid territory now. Admittedly, it's with only a slight tinge of regret, since Anna has blossomed into a (mostly) eager-to-please, helpful, obedient, happy child. Though she still has her struggles, I am so proud of her and the person she is becoming. She truly has a desire to do what's right and all I can hope for is that I don't do something in the coming years to screw it all up. Bless you, Anna. You've come a long way since those early colicky days in Wymount.

Age seven is big at our house. It's accompanied by an increase in chores (and allowance - hooray!), an opportunity to earn a set of leather scriptures by reading the entire Book of Mormon before getting baptized (at age eight, in our church), and (I'm still waffling on this one) the first real discussion regarding the birds and the bees. Wish us luck. Oh, and happy birthday Anna Banana!

A couple of days before her birthday, I won this cheesecake at a Youth/Scout auction and decided that two cakes in one week was far too many. So I dressed it up a bit, whipped together a delicious strawberry sauce accompaniment and voila! Scout auction winnings turned birthday cake!




Still, I felt the girl deserved something her own so we made rainbow cupcakes for her to take to school. They were a big hit.




By special request, she got to play XBox with Dad for the first time ever.

3 comments:

Stace said...

Happy birthday Anna! You are such a good girl and SO CUTE! I hope you have a fun year (and mom, let me know how that birds and bees talk goes --- yikes!!).

Ralina said...

Happy Birthday to Anna! I can't believe she is 7, we met you guys when she was a baby. Wow, time flies. Hope she had a great birthday.

Valerie said...

Anna is such a sweetheart! I hope she has a great week with the play and with soccer. I hope you do too, Susie!