I'm not one for being cheesy. But I am completely brimming with love for my family that it begs a blog post. I could gush about each and every one of my kids, who I might remind you, drive me absolutely bonkers. But I blog enough about them. This post is dedicated to my husband. He is a good man. After a string of failed relationships with guys with whom I thought myself compatible, I married the one who altered the trend completely. You see, I was always drawn to type-A personalities. In fact, I think every single person I had ever dated up until I met Tim has since become either a lawyer or a business executive. Tim convinced me that opposites really do attract. We share many qualities and interests - frugality, a strong commitment to God and family, politics, thoughtful conversation, and strategy games. But beyond that, one might never have expected us to end up together. Or stay together, as the case may be.
But, as we approach our 9th anniversary this summer, I reflect upon the gift of wisdom bestowed upon me the day I decided to marry Tim. Our differences have invited us to change less desirable traits to accommodate the other in ways that have shaped me (and him) into much more balanced, likeable people. For instance, I learn to be sensitive, while he learns to forgive. I learn to stop and smell the roses, while he persists at completing most of the work before play. I guard my tongue while he tries to avoid bottling up his emotions. And so on, and so on.
And isn't that what life is about? Learning and growing, and becoming better? He is my perfect match because he stretches me in ways that a mirror personality never could have. I am so grateful for the moment of enlightenment that directed me to Tim. I look forward to many more years of learning and growing, becoming better, and enjoying, too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That's awesome. Isn't it fantastic when you find your perfect "other half"? And by 'perfect', I mean flawed, but...well, you get it. Your post was awesome!
Perfect post!
Post a Comment