Sunday, April 4, 2010

Should I worry?

To some parents, these quotes might be troubling. Some parents, including me.

"Mom, I don't like Jesus. What did he ever do for me?"

"Mom, I don't want to get baptized when I'm eight."

"Mom, church is boring."

"Rachel, the bad people won't hurt you if you're bad, too."

If she were my first child, I would be freaking out. As it is, I'm a bit concerned that all the truth we've been teaching her has fallen on deaf ears. But I believe in agency. So we'll keep teaching truth... and let her govern herself.

2 comments:

Aaron and Stephanie Cousins said...

Hi Susie! is she three? My daughter will say anything if it is opposite what other people (especially mom) are saying. A phase, hopefully?

Karen Caldwell said...

When my first was a baby. I'd show her the picture of Jesus on the wall - hoping there would be some miraculous reaction. Lindsey was scared to death of Him and wouldn't even go in that room alone because of the picture. Oh-well. We laugh about it now. You will too.