Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Like riding a bike.


It had been over ten years since my last visit to a ski resort. They placed an extreme skier's only sign next to the chair lift the led to some of the easiest runs on the mountain. It was April Fool's Day. I knew better. I had skied Brighton enough times to remember where the green circles and blue squares were. Because even ten years ago I preferred such terrain to the nail-biting black diamond slopes of Snowbird. At least then I could handle those runs if I stumbled across them. Not today. While Anna spent her first hours on the mountain in ski school, I skied non-stop and have never felt my almost 33 years so poignantly. And it wasn't because I no longer got "picked up" by some ski bum in the lodge or on the lift. I am old. It's time to wake up.

1 comment:

Valerie said...

My daughter feels old? Uh oh, scary words for a mom to read! You seem young and vibrant to me! BTW, you didn't mention all the fun you had! I hope it was worth it...