My brother Will left to serve an LDS mission today. This past Sunday I sat with my entire family and watched a slideshow he and my dad had put together composed of pictures of the past 19 years of Will's life. He being the youngest in our clan, the slideshow included a number of photos with one of us holding or caring for him as a child. We simply adored him, as only siblings can.
Yesterday I watched my own children and their complete adoration of their youngest sibling. Anna teaching her new words, Rachel pushing her on a backyard swing, Lily fetching her blanket and binky when she fell and hurt herself. Their loving care seemed so intuitive, unforced and genuine - and I took a moment to express gratitude for my sweet family and for the opportunity that they have to love and serve one another. Then again, what's not to love?
4 comments:
Exactly. There is so much to love about your family - each and every one of you. And, as well, you give love freely. I swear, Lily told me at least 10 times this weekend, unsolicited, that she loves me. How can you not respond to an offering like that?
We soooo enjoyed your visit and appreciate your support of Will. It was a great weekend!
She's pretty darling!
What a lucky, lucky little girl! :)
I always think it's wonderful when older siblings dote on younger...I was NOT like that with my younger sister, at least in my teen years. She is 9 years younger, and I feel really bad about how I treated her to this day!! You have adorable girls!!
Post a Comment