Sunday, June 6, 2010

If I wanted rain, I'd be living in Seattle.

I don't know what's been with the weather here, but I'm in denial. It's June, for crying out loud! I've taken the kids to the park for the past two weeks - in the rain. We went home last week and drank a cup of hot chocolate. Truly, I adore the rain, but when you've got four young kids bursting with energy, it gets to be a big bummer after a while. No matter - we've managed to squeeze in a bit of fun.


Lily and I went on a date to Hello Dolly.


Our family took a trip to visit my family here. Breathtaking, isn't it?


Anna sang in her first school music program.



We released the butterflies.







We even managed a family trip to the zoo. Mother Goose was the highlight of the day.

I feel stretched beyond belief right now - but am so grateful that somehow it all (well, at least the important stuff) gets done. I love my life. I might love it even more if it involved a little less rain.

3 comments:

Valerie said...

I love your perspective Susie and I'm happy that you're happy! Truly, live IS good.

Stace said...

I know....where is our warm June weather? The grass sure looks nice however.

Michelle said...

Rain, rain, rain, I hear you!! Ponchos, umbrellas (really big ones, a dryer, plastic shoes (crocs, flipflops), sometimes a taxi, and it all seems to work out.
You are an awesome mom!! Your girls are lucky to have you.