Friday, August 6, 2010

And the glass is half full after all.

This past week I was carless - we had to pretty much have the engine rebuilt - a costly and time-consuming repair. A bit of a bummer, but when all was said and done, here's how I felt about the whole thing.

Thankful the car didn't break while I was miles from home. Thankful that we have money in the bank to cover such expenses. Thankful that in the three and a half years we've owned the car, we've avoided any major (or minor) repairs. Considering it was 9 years old when we bought it, that's no small achievement. Thankful that I have a next-door neighbor who is willing to help out in a pinch. Thankful that my kids mopped the kitchen floor today...together. I love my life.

2 comments:

Valerie said...

Glass half full feels so much better....good outlook, Susie!

Ralina said...

You are awesome Susie the way you have a good attitude like that. If my car was in the shop I don't think I would be counting my blessings the way you do and have that good of an attitude.