Thursday, August 26, 2010

Mom or chauffeur?

I've officially graduated to the next level of parenting. After constructing a calendar of a typical week this fall so that I could wrap my head around who needs to be where at what time, I realized that I will be spending at least 6 hours and 15 minutes each week in the car. Just getting kids to and from. Not including grocery store trips, visits to the library, outings with the little ones at home, etc. Just the bare bones. Is it time to simplify?

4 comments:

Valerie said...

Simplifcation is a great concept when you have a lot of fru fru in your life but when you're down to bare bones, what can you do? Good conversation, fun music, books on tape...You're a glass-half-full type person, Susie, and you'll make it work. I have total faith in you! (You also have my sympathy!)

Jessica Waters said...

Best tools of the waiting for kids game. . . the latest Ensign, confernece on the i-pod and a book of mormon. Now that I am back at school I want a lab top for Christmas so I can work on papers while waiting in the carpool lane at the school! I am sure you will find a way to use that time productively!

Jessica Waters said...

OK I promise I can spell and capitalize appropiately. . . but you would never know by my last post! Time for sleep!

Topsy said...

oh come on! Where is the bike riding tow vehicle you constructed last year! I'm kidding. I miss you. Write already! :_)