A much-needed break. But oh, so much more than that. I chatted with the man next to me on the plane ride down. When I told him I had a girls trip planned for Education Week at BYU, he must have thought it crazy. I mean, isn't Vegas the destination du jour for that sort of thing? Not my friends. We served as missionaries in Taiwan together, after all. Our testimonies of the gospel of Jesus Christ lie at the core of our friendship. Though we made plenty of time to be irreverent, I spent all day every day for four days filling my canteen with lessons I'm convinced will stay with me forever. I came home a better wife, mother and friend.
As a side note, Tim stayed with the girls the entire week and although one week could never truly give him the full grasp of what I endure day in and day out (ie. He didn't have to do laundry, clean, pay bills, go grocery shopping, etc), he was amazing! His strengthened bond with the girls is delightful to see and I've noticed he's much more attuned to their needs, which, in effect, means I don't have to ask him to do as much. Nice little byproduct of a vacation, eh?
2 comments:
Looks like these pictures were taken after Education Week was over and perhaps after a little shopping spree?! I can tell the difference:)
This is so fun and I need to be better at keeping in touch with all of you. Is that Sierra Castillo? I haven't seen her or talked to her in years! I am jealous and wish I could have been there....maybe in 2 years? Let's plan it!
Post a Comment