Thursday, August 5, 2010

Confessions.

Me: I have a confession to make.
Him: Yeah?
Me: I backed into someone today.

Later, as we walked into the house, the smells of Indian spices wafting through the kitchen...

Him: I have a confession to make.
Me: Uh-huh?
Him: I had Indian food for lunch today.

Who was more upset with the other? Me, of course. I slaved over Chicken Mahkani while he neglected to inform me that all-you-can-eat Bombay Grill was in the plans? I just can't compete with that.

4 comments:

Topsy said...

I hate that feeling when you've hit someone and you feel like you could have prevented it, but dang, it happened and now you have to deal with the aftermath and UGH! Sorry!

Valerie said...

So frustrating to put real effort and thought into a meal only to find out that it likely won't be as pleasing to your loved ones as you had hoped. Bummer! How bad was your accident? I'm assuming you're alright?

Susie said...

Just a scratch. I left a note with the guy, who called me back to say it was no big deal. I thought so, but I couldn't just hit and run, you know?

Steph said...

This made me laugh out loud. Good for you for not being a hit and run! Did you make your husband eat your good dinner for his lunch for the next five days?? :)