Tuesday, August 10, 2010

August - the month of fighting.

There's something about August at our house. The girls erupt into the type of constant bickering, fighting, screaming, and scratching that actually makes me anticipate school just a little bit. I've seen families where everyone gets along. And I envy them. And then I realize that in spite of my best efforts to stifle the conflict, they're actually learning in the process. I mean, it's not as if their parents agree about everything. We just don't happen to kick each other when we are on different pages. And, to be honest, they are really pretty great to each other sometimes, too.

Someone holds the door for me and their sisters each and every time we get home. My two oldest find great joy in reading to their younger siblings. The whole lot work together to set the table every night before dinner. They play creatively with one another for hours often with nary an eruption.

But secretly I'll hope that better parenting (and time) will turn August into a more enjoyable month in the future.

1 comment: