Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Everything she needs to know she's learning in kindergarten.

At least that what Lily thinks. She revels in school. She even made sure to let me know that the stations we had during the month of August when we had "homeschool" are not as fun as the ones in kindergarten. Well, Miss Lily, during the stations we did at home, you actually learned something more than how to cut out squares. For the record.

She continued on, expressing how much she LOVES learning and I validated her for a few minutes before wondering to myself, does she think that school is the only place of learning? I asked her where she learned to garden. Answer: home. To read? Oh yeah, home. How about addition? Home. The gospel. Church. Oh wait, I mean, home! (I had to prod her on that one.) How to grate cheese, clean the windows, ride a bike. Home, home, home. Tim and I went on and on. I think we made our point. But I'm not insecure about my child misaligning who's doing the real teaching or anything. Really.

1 comment:

Malauna said...

It took us a while to convince Sabrina that we also knew things. "But my teacher said..." was a phrase she used too much. It's still there a bit (she doesn't want to follow our instructions on writing out the whole algebra problem and showing her work before she asks us to check her work).