Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Out of the mouths of babes.

A couple of weeks ago, after a successful Family Home Evening lesson, we took a moment to discuss reverence. We talked about how being quiet enables us to better feel the Spirit. I then asked why that is. Lily, without hesitation, responded, "Because it speaks in a still, small voice." So, so true. It's been on my mind lately, and I've been keenly aware of what I do (and don't do) that hinders my ability to be guided by the Spirit, to receive answers to my prayers. And, as I've made a few changes in my daily habits, I have noticed the difference. I'm more patient, more kind, more aware of the needs of others, better able to prioritize, and more keen on discerning truth from error. In a world full of "noise", I am grateful for this priceless gift.

1 comment:

Valerie said...

Reminds me of Julie Beck's talk in General Conference last April when she said that receiving personal revelation is the single most important skill women can develop in their lives. Sounds like you're doing just that. Good for you, Susie.