She's been groomed for Joy School. I went into labor with her the very day I taught Joy School when Anna was that age. She's attended with both sisters, wishing to be big, but just grateful for the opportunity to be included. This summer, I struggled to find a solid group with which to do Joy School. It was truly down to the wire. After doing it for the past four years, I couldn't even fathom what I would do with Rachel if everything didn't come together. Preschool is too expensive for my tastes (and unnecessary, really) but I SO wanted her to have a regular, positive, social experience and Joy School (which teaches values) has always been my cup of tea. It sounds silly, but it was important enough to me that I prayed repeatedly for it to work out. And it did. Thank heaven. I'm grateful for another year of working with kids at this tender (and yet difficult) age. Especially my kids - who seem to take the terrible threes to a whole new level. Thank you to all the moms who are willing to take on this adventure with me.
Thursday, September 2, 2010
Joy school. Take three.
She's been groomed for Joy School. I went into labor with her the very day I taught Joy School when Anna was that age. She's attended with both sisters, wishing to be big, but just grateful for the opportunity to be included. This summer, I struggled to find a solid group with which to do Joy School. It was truly down to the wire. After doing it for the past four years, I couldn't even fathom what I would do with Rachel if everything didn't come together. Preschool is too expensive for my tastes (and unnecessary, really) but I SO wanted her to have a regular, positive, social experience and Joy School (which teaches values) has always been my cup of tea. It sounds silly, but it was important enough to me that I prayed repeatedly for it to work out. And it did. Thank heaven. I'm grateful for another year of working with kids at this tender (and yet difficult) age. Especially my kids - who seem to take the terrible threes to a whole new level. Thank you to all the moms who are willing to take on this adventure with me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment