Wednesday, February 23, 2011

In-house art museum.

We've been sick. You name it, we've had it. In a matter of seven days, too. My illness quota was reached last Friday, so when Anna showed signs of the flu that morning, we promptly instituted an official "sick room" at our house and shut her up for five straight days. I know, extreme. But selfishly, I was not willing to let another bug run its course through each and every family member. Besides, how bad can it be getting served every meal in bed and watching movie after movie on a portable DVD player? For five days straight? Here's the quarantine.


And here's what the rest of the girls did.







Our very own art museum, if you will. Guided tours are available.

What did I do? Well, mostly I just went crazy.

5 comments:

Karen Caldwell said...

I'm right there with you susie. I woke up this morning catching throw up just in time thanks to my cat-like skills. And went to bed with my little girl telling me her ear hurts. I'm just grateful I haven't gotten anything so I can be the family nurse. knock on wood though.

Cherish said...

That isn't such a bad idea. When you have lots of kids in the house it feels like you need a "sick room". Especially during the winter months. Hope everyone is feeling better. That really stinks! Hang in there my friend!

What beautiful little artists you have. :)

Chip said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tracy said...

The lined trash bag is making me laugh and breaking my heart at the same time!! I love your blog... I check it every couple weeks or so and catch up. Love your writing, your mothering, your sense of humor,your girls! I am still shuddering over the rabbit head - are you serious?!?!?!?

Valerie said...

What I'd like to know is whether or not anyone else caught Anna's flu. I think it was brilliant to quarantine her, and hopefully it had its desired results of containing the bug.