L: "Mom, look what I found!"
M: "What is that?"
L: "A rabbit head."
M: "Is that real?"
Then, upon seeing it for myself:
M: "Drop that thing right now! Ew. Ew. Ew. Ew! Go wash your hands! With lots of soap! Don't touch anything! Ugh, don't tuck your hair behind your ears! No - I'll open the door for you! Ew. Ew. Ew!"
Of course I had the presence of mind to go get the camera. Then after the vigorous hand-scrubbing session, we had a little chat about how it's not good to pick up dead animals, or fallen bird nests (or snake skins, while we're at it). Her response? "But Mom, why didn't you ever tell me I wasn't supposed to pick up dead animals?"
Oh, Lily, I never in my wildest dreams thought my sweet little girls would have any inclination to do such a thing. Shoulda known better.
7 comments:
Oh my gosh!!! This made me laugh and scream inside at the same time.
Did she find it just like that? Heaven forbid she ripped the head off of a rabbit! Hahaha.
Hadn't thought of that, Jill. At this point, I wouldn't be surprised...
I can't get over this! It makes me laugh so hard...and yet makes me cringe too. Love that you got a picture of it. Ewww!
susie, your last few posts made me laugh...from the beautiful tea party, to rabbit heads, and the cheese balls!! I cannot imagine you buying those at all. You must have been starving when you were shopping to buy such a giant container!:) I only mock because I have made similar purchases!!
You are such a good mom! Keep it up.
You should see my face right now -- WOW! That is not something you want your kids to touch. Yuck, yuck, yuck! But funny, too, in some weird way.
ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? That is the nastiest thing I have seen in a while! That bunny head just staring up at me was super creepy!
Post a Comment