I'm not sure what inspired the makers of the Gregorian calendar to place the beginning of the year in January - otherwise known as the bleak midwinter for the Northern Hemisphere. A month when many of us suffer from some sort of dip (or full-blown depression) is not the breeding ground for goal-setting or achieving. No wonder most people's resolutions don't last more than a couple of weeks. I'd be interested to see how we Northerners compare to our friends in the Southern Hemisphere with regards to goal-attainment.
Since our January kind of kicked off with a bang (broken-down car) I easily justified the fact that my goals never graduated from the "on paper" stage to the implementation stage. So all those grand ideas I had for improving 2011 over 2010 are still sitting on the piece of scratch paper on which I wrote them down during our holiday vacation. Still sitting there - but not forgotten. This year, February will be the month to put them into action. And, to be honest, I'm kind of relieved. At least then, I can tell people I stayed on the exercise bandwagon until spring without it having to be terribly painful. That's assuming I exercise regularly until spring...
Anyway, here's to New Year's resolutions! In February.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment