Monday, February 14, 2011

Sayonara my friend.

I lost my iPod Touch. We went to a BSU basketball game Saturday night - totally fun, and I don't even like BSU. Somewhere in between half time and reaching our parking spot a couple of blocks away, the iPod found another owner. In other words, it wasn't returned. Personally, I don't really get the whole idea behind "finders keepers". When Anna's bike was stolen from the school bike rack a couple of years ago, I had a friend try to console me by saying something to the effect of, "Well, hopefully the person REALLY needed it." Needed it or not, stealing is stealing. If someone wants to sell his/her soul over an older model iTouch with kiddie fingerprints all over the screen in a light pink case, so be it. But I'm black and white like that.

So now I'm back to using a good 'ol five dollar daily planner (thank you dear MIL!) and a pen to keep track of the events and obligations that make up my days. I will not be replacing my iTouch - but I think I'll propose to Tim that as soon as we've paid off a significant chunk of mortgage debt, I'd like an iPhone. So I can lose it at the next basketball game we attend, that is. We'll see how that goes over.

That same night my hair dryer went on the fritz. The noise it made was so deafening two of my kids started screaming over the racket. Luckily a hair dryer is much cheaper to replace. Now, if I can only get out of the house for something other than a doctor's appointment. Ah. Aren't January and February just lovely?

1 comment:

Malauna said...

Sorry for your loss. And get your kids better. Mine want to play!