Thursday, July 21, 2011

Day-tripping.

It's only about 40 miles to Tillamook from where we were staying. On the Pacific Coast Highway, that's equal to an hour and a half of driving. We stopped for a clear shot of Haystack Rock. Don't ask me why I enlist the help of others in taking family pictures. Something inevitably gets cut out of the shot. In this case, it was Haystack Rock. But, hey, everyone's looking at the camera!



Stunning views.



Lily milking a cow at the cheese factory. Why not?





Best part about a tour of the Tillamook cheese factory? Why, the ice cream, naturally.





I must say, I was a skeptic, but Tillamook's bubble gum flavor (which two of my girls will select without fail) didn't make me yack. I might even call it good.





Near Cape Meares Lighthouse.



Strange 8-armed Sitka Spruce, aptly named the Octopus tree. Eve's still talking about it. No doubt because she was so enamored by Tim's charming imitation of an octopus just in time for the picture.



Lily, always seeking out the photo ops.



Eve, imitating her big sis.



Isn't the green glorious? Spoken like a true resident of the Rocky Mountain West.





One of many pouting sessions in the car.



A short trip on the Oregon Coast Scenic Railroad. Oh, and as a side note, there was this old school playground right next to the ending point of our railroad trip. Complete with merry-go-round and a couple of real-live teeter-totters. Man, it must suck to be a kid nowadays. That park was glorious.





And the ride home. Look familiar?

2 comments:

Topsy said...

I so went to tillamook cheese factory as a kid and I still remember it today!!!!

Polliwog said...

What a fun trip! That photo of you and your girls is gorgeous. :)