Thursday, July 21, 2011

That park that sounds like a disease.

On Tuesday, we drove a short distance to Ecola State Park. I really should do my research on the origin of the word "ecola" because I'm still stuck on the fact that it sounds like some strange cross between E coli and Ebola (as in the virus).

It's a gorgeous coastal rainforest with several secluded beaches. The day we visited endowed us with a misty rain - you know the kind that just kind of blows gently through the air leaving dew-like drops on your skin and hair? It was delightful in spite of the limited visibility.

Doesn't it look so mystical and kung-fuey? Or at least the mystical part.



I love this picture of Rachel. Partly because she's, well, gorgeous and partly because it captures so beautifully the way the rain simply settled on her locks.



Not sure why Eve's mastered the grumpy face in this shot. I'm sure it had nothing to do with the fact that her apple was seasoned with sand. No, she thought that was just fabulous.



More mystical and kung-fuey.



This was one of those iconic views of the Oregon Coast that you might find on postcard - with Ecola State park in the foreground and Haystack Rock (of Goonies fame) in the background. Except, in our case, Haystack Rock was pretty much nowhere to be seen.



And thank you, kind person willing enough to take a picture of our entire family high on a precipice in the wind and rain. We sure appreciate you. Sure do.

No comments: