Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Phew!

It's a new day and I'm a new woman! I live my life like this: "If I can just get past this event, then I'll be home free", or "Life will be easier when I'm done with... (fill-in-the blank)". Is anyone else like this? Not surprisingly, there is always another event, another obligation, another assignment hanging over my head as soon as I'm through with the last. So the so-called "break" never really materializes.
Today, I think I may actually be enjoying the reprieve I have longed for. Last night, Anna graduated from Joy School. I taught the last week of school, hosted the ceremonies at my house last night, and, as group leader, was basically in charge of all logistics for the entire year. (Not to minimize what the other moms did, because I could not have survived without them!) Still, when the last person exited our home last night, I felt an enormous weight lifted off my shoulders. Why? Because I have basically nothing going on for the next two months. Sure, I have a primary lesson to prepare every week, visiting teaching to do, a house to maintain, oh yeah, and three cute kids to care for. Just basic maintenance, though. Personally, I'm crossing my fingers.

3 comments:

Topsy said...

Okay, you have two months to teach me how to spearhead joy school here for Sydney next year!

Malauna said...

Enjoy the relaxation while you can! Perhaps this rain will stop, the temperatures will raise to 95 and we can veg. at the pool. Soon. :)

Amy Heath said...

Hey....you are so not alone. Break? What is that? I hope you get to enjoy a little time off! And, by the way, we went fishing at the Park Center pond. Opening day is fun, they do food and prizes, and flowers for the women. It was a blast for the whole family, and you didn't need a license.