When Anna was younger, she liked taking her clothes off and soon figured out how to remove her diaper as well. She did it a few times at night, resulting in soaked sheets and blankets until we figured out that the one article of clothing she was unable to remove was a onesie. So we put the onesie on over all the other clothes we wanted her to keep on to prevent the nightly striptease. Not long after, she unlocked the mystery of the onesie as well and we were back to square one. So we employed the use of everyone's favorite fix-it-all: duct tape. Yes, we strapped a large strip of duct tape across her diaper until she grew out of her desire to take it off.
We never experienced anything of the sort with Lily, in fact, quite the opposite. She is still the child who begs me to help her get dressed and put her shoes on, as if such tasks were too difficult for a three-year-old such as she.
Rachel seems to possess a little bit of the precociousness of her oldest sister. At nineteen months, she's mastered clothing removal but instead of taking off her diaper, she prefers to stick her hand inside it and bring us little treasures when we least expect them. Twice, in the last two days, as a matter of fact. So tonight, after the second precious gift, we quickly changed her diaper and employed Plan A. Onesie over the clothes. The difference between her and Anna though, is that once she figures out the onesie, Plan B won't do a bit of good. Unless... unless we tape the diaper to her skin at every possible opening. I think I have a Plan C.
3 comments:
You are a better woman than I am. I would have started with the duct tape to the skin!
You should just duct tape her face.
(schultz) :) Susie - I just wanted to let you know that I really love your blog - I read it often and am quite entertained! :)
Post a Comment