Sunday, June 22, 2008

She's done it again!

This afternoon I noticed Anna and Lily whispering to one another while playing quietly beside our patio. I questioned them over dinner why they were being so secretive, to which Anna asked, "Why do you think we were hiding something?" Tim said, "Because we can't even get you to whisper in church, so why would you feel the need to whisper when you're 20 feet from us?" Anna promised that they weren't hiding anything, so we left it at that.
Until after their bath tonight when Lily found an opportunity (Anna was out of earshot) to tell me that Anna had "pooed outside in the garden". Should have known. Our little excrement artist was hiding what only she does best. She explained herself: "Mom, we were pretending to be cats. They poo outside and bury it." I think we'll be setting some boundaries on just how far to take their pretend play. And soon. Otherwise, we might have a whole lot more than poo on our hands. Or in the dirt. Or whatever.

4 comments:

Katie M said...

hahahaha! this is the best story ever.

Malauna said...

I should have her teach Roderic. haha.

Topsy said...

I liked Tim's comments. Clearly, if you can't even whisper in church, then there must be something extra ordinary going on! My kids can't whisper either.
Just consider your garden fertilized! Although having come across cat poo in the garden, I'd prefer that over a larger surprise!

Anonymous said...

I think that you should get encourage her pretend play, by getting her a kitty litter box.